- If a message is in the quarantine filter, you have 14 days to make the decision to release it to your inbox. If 14 days has surpassed, the message will no longer be able to be accessed.
- In the instance a message from a known, safe sender is quarantined, you can "whitelist" or approve the sender, preventing future messages from being quarantined. To do this, follow these quick steps.
- Visit exchange.sjsd.k12.mo.us (if you are still using Outlook 2011) or portal.office.com (if you are using Office 365)
- Log in (email@example.com) and enter your password.
- (Office 365) Click on the ⚙ in the upper right hand corner and select "Options". (see fig. 1)
- From the list on the left, select "Block or Allow". (fig. 2)
- Enter the email address or domain of the sender you wish to approve. In this example, I chose "apple.com". Any message from apple will be delivered to my inbox. (fig. 3)
- Visit exchange.sjsd.k12.mo.us
- Log in (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- In the upper right hand corner, select "Options". (fig. 1)
- Choose "See All Options". (fig. 2)
- On the left, select "Block or Allow" and enter the email address or domain you wish to approve. (fig. 3)
Welcome back......almost! As you enjoy the last few precious hours of your summer vacation, you have probably succumbed to checking your email to make sure you aren't missing anything. While browsing, you probably noticed a new item in your inbox that looked like this.