As the MacBook Air's roll out, we are noticing some items that people are asking about. The first issue we will address is the lock screen. The lock screen is security measure that will require a password to unlock the screen. The default is set at 5 minutes, which is a small amount of time. To disable or lengthen the time, follow these easy steps.
- Click on the in the upper left hand corner. (fig 1)
- Select "System Preferences". (fig 1)
- Click on "Security and Privacy". (fig 2)
- Adjust the "Require password for ......" or remove the check mark to turn it off (fig 5)
- If turning off, you will be prompted. (fig 4)